RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. Amendments to the rules may be made at any time if certain types of car are denominating. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
The Management of Clinton County Speedway.
• Any front wheel drive, compact car with three or four cylinder engine • No all-wheel or all wheel steer cars
• No convertibles or two seat sport cars allowed No Honda CRX.
• All cars must remain strictly OEM, unless specified below.
• Must be unaltered OEM-appearing body
• Maximum wheelbase 107 inches, maximum one inch difference from side to side.
• The Vehicle Identification Number (V.I.N.) must remain clearly visible and unaltered in at least two of the OEM locations. Any car missing the V.I.N. will not be allowed to compete. Recommended racer maintain a copy of their vehicle repair manual.
• No ballast (extra weight) of any kind allowed. Any item deemed as ballast will be required to be removed. Only ballast permitted, will be at the direction of race officials to be added as a weight penalty.
• 3 or 4 cylinder in-line engines only. Recommended: double overhead cam. All engine components must be unaltered OEM for year, make and model of car used, must match V.I.N.
• No high performance or sport car engines of any kind. No turbo charged, super charged, rotary engines, or engines utilizing variable cam-timing. No unapproved alterations allowed to any engine.
• Engine must be OEM, in OEM location for year, make and model of car used. Aluminum race radiator is permitted in OEM location.
• May use solid engine mounts or safety chains. No accumulators/accusumps • Must use OEM crank, rods, valve sizes, stroke, etc.
• No aftermarket racing heads.
• Must use OEM, unaltered transmission that came in year, make and model of car used.
• All forward and reverse gears must be operational.
• Flywheel, flexplate, clutch assembly and torque converter must be unaltered, OEM for year, make and model of car used.
• Must have inspection hole in bell housing (accessible from top).
• No transmission coolers in driver compartment.
• No mini clutches, couplers, torque dividing final drives, or CVT transmissions. • Differentials may be locked/welded.
• One 12-volt battery only. No lithium batteries. Must be securely mounted with positive terminal covered. Battery must be in Marine type case if mounted in driver compartment.
• OEM starter only, must be in OEM location.
• No ignition boxes.
• No performance chips.
• All ignition components must be unaltered, OEM and match year, make and model of car used. 12-volt ignition system only.
• Aftermarket analog tach, oil pressure and water temp gauges only. No aftermarket wiring harness. Stock wiring harness may be weeded out.
• Vehicle computer (ECU) should be mounted in accessible location forinspection and may be confiscated for testing. ECU may be tuned
FUEL and FUEL SYSTEM:
• Must have complete, unaltered, OEM fuel system for year, make and model of car used.
• Gasoline only, maximum 93 octane. No E85. No additives.
• Gas tank ahead of rear axle allowed but must install shield under it. • Gas tank behind rear axle must be replaced with maximum eight gallon racing fuel cell and relocated to trunk area. Must mount with minimum one inch square tubing or two solid steel straps around entire cell, two inches wide and 0.125 inch thick.
• Metal firewall or cell cover must be between driver and cell. Fuel cell vent, including cap vent, must have check valve.
• If racing fuel cell does not have aircraft style positive seal filler neck/cap system – a flapper, spring or ball type filler rollover valve is required.
• External electric fuel pump wired to the ignition switch allowed with aftermarket fuel cell but must shut off with master switch.
• No cool cans.
• Fuel lines through driver compartment must be steel or in steel tubing. • Aftermarket fresh air pipe and air filter allowed, but no ram air.
Brake and Exhaust:
• Must be steel, unaltered, OEM operative, four wheel disc or drum brakes, and match year, make and model of car used.
• OEM master cylinder only, in OEM location.
• No brake shut off or bias adjuster.
• Steel brake lines only.
• Exhaust manifold must be unaltered, OEM for year, make and model of carused. • Smog pump, catalytic converter and air conditioning compressor may be removed.
• All engines must use maximum two inch O.D. exhaust pipe. Exhaust must extend past firewall and turn toward ground. No exhaust in driver compartment.
Suspension and Steering
• All components and mounts must be unaltered, OEM and match year, make/model of car used. Exception is: Recommended right rear safety hub (for example 1987-1995 Caravan hub assembly). OEM or approved aftermarket right rear safety hub allowed. Brace bar allowed between strut towers in front and rear. No other bracing allowed on front end, other than 1 front hoop with 2 supports.
• No weight jacks, modifications, racing components, aftermarket or homemade traction devices allowed.
• Rear wheels must track straight ahead and be in alignment with front wheels. No more than 2 degrees camber on any wheel.
• All shocks and struts must remain OEM, in OEM location and are non adjustable. • No strut boots or covers.
• OEM springs may be modified. No bump stops allowed. Maximum one 360 degree by 2” tall spring rubber per wheel
• No center steering.
• Quick release steering wheel is allowed, must maintain OEM column. • No aftermarket remote reservoir power steering.
• Hood and trunk lid/hatch must be securely fastened and unaltered. • All doors must be securely welded or bolted
• Inner fenders may not be removed. Plastic fender liners may be removed. • OEM steel unaltered floor pan only.
• All glass, exterior lights, chrome/plastic trim and hood insulation must be removed.
• Dash may be removed but can remain.
• Maximum seven inch front and rear sun visors allowed, opera window may be closed.
• Skirting allowed, must maintain OEM appearance.
• Some sheet metal will be allowed for repairs.
• Car number must be clearly visible on both sides and recommended on roof of car.
• Bumpers must be approved OEM in OEM location, welded, chained or cabled to frame.
• Front and rear tow hooks mandatory.
• OEM bumper covers should remain. May have one horizontal bar – maximum 1.75 inch OD – tying front frame horns together ahead of radiator.
• One additional maximum one inch OD bar may be added for radiator protection; must be behind bumper, within confines of body, no wider than OEM frame horns.
• No sharp edges allowed on body or bumpers.
• Six-point, full perimeter roll cage required. Must use minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.095 inch wall thickness tubing. Rear hoop must have “X” bracing configuration. Rear kickers required. Recommended: front brace bar from main halo to front cowl. Forward brace bar allowed from main cage to front strut tower.
• Must have 1.25 inch minimum O.D. cross bar in top halo. Cage must be electric welded and attached using adequate plating (Recommended: minimum 0.250 inch). No iron, galvanized pipe or fittings, square tubing, brazing or soldering allowed.
• Minimum three horizontal door bars on driver side and two horizontal door bars on passenger side. Both sides must have vertical bracing from top to bottom door bars. All tubing must be minimum 1.5 inch O.D. with 0.095 inch wall thickness.
• Steel door plates, 18 gauge or 0.049 inch minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of door bars on driver side. Plate must cover area from top door bar to frame and from rear down post to five inches in front of seat. Must be visible for inspection.
• Minimum three windshield bars and protective screen mounted in front of driver. • Aluminum high-back racing seat required. Must be securely mounted to roll cage using 0.375 inch bolts. Minimum of 4 bolts with large washers.
• Driver must be sealed off from track, engine, transmission and fuel cell/tank. • No mirrors.
• No gutting allowed except for roll/door bar clearance. All flammable material, radio and air bags must be removed.
• Front and rear firewalls must remain and have no holes. Interior must remain open.
• Interior must remain open. No enclosing, boxing in, etc.
• OEM DOT 13, 14, 15 or 16 inch diameter unaltered passenger tires only. • Minimum 60 series, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, and H speed rated tires only. • No racing, mud or snow tires.
• No re-caps, softening, conditioning, grinding, sanding, siping or groovingallowed. • Must be unaltered OEM steel or aluminum wheels, with standard bead bump and maximum seven inch width.
• Reinforcing of wheels recommended.
• Tires and wheels must be the same series, size and offset (0.50 inch tolerance)
per axle (i.e. front or rear)
• Tires must be inside of body. No wheel spacers or bleeder valves. • Must use one inch O.D. steel lug nuts on steel wheels.
• Right front wheel may be steel racing wheel but must be stock size and offset. No beadlock.
• Racing (not motorcycle) helmet required, Snell-rated SS2010, SA2015 or SA2020 helmet required.
• Roll bar padding required in driver compartment.
• Recommended: Fire retardant padding.
• SFI-approved full fire suit required.
• Fire retardant gloves, shoes and neck brace (or head and neck restraint) required.
• Right and left seat head supports required if using head and neck restraint system.
• Recommended: Fire retardant head sock and underwear.
• Driver-side window net required, minimum 16 inch by 20 inch ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted to roll cage so latch is at top front of window. • Maximum four inch tall visor attached to window net.
• Minimum two inch wide SFI-approved five point safety belt assembly required, must be mounted securely to main roll cage.
• Recommended: Safety belts no more than two years old.
• Master kill/fuel pump switch required on left side of dash within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked ‘OFF’ and ‘ON’.2.
• A fire extinguisher (5 lb. minimum) is recommended Must be mounted securely within drivers reach
• Transponders are required
• CCS has final ruling on all question of legality. A pre-race inspection will be made to ensure SAFETY only.
• Question of legality can and will be answered during the pre-race inspection if asked by entrant. No guarantee of legality shall be expressed or implied during pre-race inspection. Legality will be determined in POST race inspection. • No radios allowed
• RACEceiver or a like device is mandatory at all times on the track. • CAR CLAIM: $1000 and exchange on complete car. (See car claim form) Fuel cell and electric fuel pump (if equipped) are included. Claim does not include – 1. racing seat, 2. safety belts, 3. transponder. One Claim per driver per season. Claim mustbe
submitted 15 minutes before the start of the race, in an envelope with the $1000, car number and driver name written on the envelope. Both cars must finish on the lead lap and in the top 5. Car to be claimed must have won twice in the season to be eligible.
• The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official. The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final. Unless otherwise noted, all parts to be approved OEM and must match make and year of car.